Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week of the Potato

Baby Mangum is now 5.12 inches and weighs 4.94 ounces. Baby's skeleton is hardening and sweat glands are starting to develop. We will soon find out if our little potato is a boy or a girl (1.5 weeks until the ultrasound!).

17 weeks- I don't look that big in this picture, but I feel huge!
 
It's hard to believe but Cody only has 2 more weeks of his residency left- the summer has gone by surprisingly fast! I am enjoying my last days of summer freedom before I go back to work but am looking forward to being back in Minneapolis with familiar surroundings and friends. 

Holidays and traditions are a big deal in my family so I was a little disappointed when I didn't feel well enough to do anything fancy for the 4th of July. This week I decided that I would make up for it by having an Olympic party complete with Olympic rings and red, white, and blue. 

The Official Olympic table




Red, Blue, and White Rice Krispies



Olympic Deviled Egg Rings



Star Cookies and Chocolate Covered Strawberries with Blue Sugar



Strawberry, Blueberry, and Feta Salad

Olympic Rings Pizza

We had quite the feast and then settled down to watch the Opening Ceremony. Unfortunately we tuned in an hour late so we'll have to catch the first hour another time.

Cody's parents made a quick trip up from Oklahoma to see us on Saturday. We went to breakfast and then drove to Liberty Jail. When I was in primary my family and I took a church history trip to Nauvoo and also stopped in Missouri to see the church history sites around here. Cody also went to several of the church history sites around Missouri while he and his family were living in Oklahoma. I never would have thought while I was on that trip that I would now be living in Missouri. 



Liberty Jail. When my family and I visited we were only allowed to look at the jail from behind a fence, but this time we were allowed to walk around to the front and also walk up close and take pictures. This must have been a hard time for these members of the church. I can't imagine being held for no reason in a cold cellar with minimal light. They must have had great faith that Heavenly Father was watching over them and aware of their situation.

Next we ventured to Far West to see the four cornerstones that were laid for a temple. The saints were not able to complete the temple, but the cornerstones remain.



A plaque that stands between the cornerstones




It was a quick trip for Cody's parents but we are glad that we were able to see some church sites and spend time with them.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that it is almost time for ya'll to head back to Minnesota! Mom and Dad will be so sad to see you go. I know they have loved having you nearby. You don't look pregnant at all! Lucky girl. You look fabulous as I am sure my brother tells you on a regular basis (if he doesn't you let me know and I will take care of him). :) we sure do love you guys. I can't wait to hear whether you are having a boy or girl. Be sure to let me know and give me some color scheme or theme ideas for a baby blanket. I'm so excited for you! Being a mother is the greatest blessing! Enjoy every moment of it because kids grow up way too fast! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete