Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week of the Avocado

My usual pregnancy photographer, Cody, is under the weather today and I decided to let him sleep rather than take my picture this week. 

Baby Mangum is 4.5 inches long and weighs about 4 ounces this week. He/she is beginning to grow fingernails and possibly hair and is beginning to hear sounds. 

This week I worked like crazy on our scrapbook and am very close to finishing ahead of schedule! Every year since we have been married I have made a new scrapbook which we give to our parents as a Christmas present. I hopefully will finish our 4th year sometime this week and then I'll start on our 5th year- I figure that I better get most of it done before our baby comes because who knows when I will get to it after that. 

We had a lazy weekend and didn't have too many adventures this week. We saw The Dark Knight Rises and Cody enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite; but loud, scary, and intense movies never make the top of the list for me. 

We then came home to make Apple Streusel Bars for a bbq. 

Apple Streusel Bars- I've made these a couple of times and loved them- I almost ate the whole pan by myself!
  I forgot to take a picture, but this is what they looked like. So yummy with just a hint of almond!

The bbq was in Lee's Summit at one of the OR nurse's home (Cody met him while touring the hospital and has been back several times to watch surgeries and talk with the employees). They live on the edge of a reservoir with a small boat dock on the end of their property. There were lots of boats out pulling tubes and water skiers that we watched while we had dinner. I got to meet a few people that Cody works with and everyone was so nice. It was a fun and relaxing evening. 

This week I decided to actually make one of the recipes that I pinned on pinterest- such a novel idea! :) I decided to use some of the fruit in our fridge to make homemade fruit roll-ups. I picked watermelon and strawberry-kiwi fruit leather and unfortunately the watermelon did not turn out. To make the strawberry-kiwi I heated the strawberries, kiwi, and some sugar on the stove until it boiled, blended it in the blender, and spread it on a cookie sheet. They then went into the oven on its lowest temperature for 5 hours (I tried to bake them outside but it didn't work). Pretty easy and nothing but fruit and a little bit of sugar :)

2 comments:

  1. I love reding your updates- I don't know if I told you this, but my sister Karlee is expecting too and is due January 13th so its fun to hear about both of your little babies! I have the Best Bites cookbook- I'll have to make those Apple Streusels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for Karlee! My aunt gave me the Best Bites Cookbook for graduation last year and there are some yummy recipes in there. I decided not to bring it with me to Missouri so I've been looking up my favorite recipes online. You should definitely give this one a try!

      Delete