Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Break- Snowmobiling and Taste Test


As my family gets older, we are getting more and more adventurous. We went jet skiing for the first time this summer and loved it. So we decided to go snowmobiling during our Utah vacation. It was not a white Christmas and there was no snow to be found in Sandy, but we went up near Strawberry and there was plenty of snow. We rented the snowmobiles and departed on a guided tour. We had a grand time and hope to make it back soon. 

First in line in Cody, then Ryan, and then me 

 At the top of the mountain

 After a while we pulled into this open area where we were able to do a little riding and exploring on our own. Ryan went for quite a ride here and ended up supermanning off his handlebars. I had the video camera in my lap, I only wish that I was filming :)

That night we began a new tradition- Taste Testing. (I stole this idea from my good friend Andrea- thanks for the fun idea!) We were each in charge of finding 2 food items that are available in 3 brands or flavors, etc. We then placed small samples of each food item in small cups. We went one by one and tried each of the 3 brands of each item and decided which one we liked the best and determined the winners. 

Here are all of the samples ready to be tasted

Our winners were: Virgils Cream Soda, Black Forest Gummy Bears, Orange Powerade, Better'n Peanut Butter, Original Cream Cheese, Pink Lady Apples, Grandma Lamb's grape juice, and a tie between air popped popcorn with butter and Orvil's natural pepper popcorn.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you did a taste test!!! That is awesome!! We did Popcorn, Apples, Chocolate Chips, and French Fries. Arby's homestyle won, then Gala, Kroger Milk Chocolate Chips were the best, and popcorn made with canola oil scored huge over any microwave variety. I'm writing you and email right now...

    ReplyDelete