I recently received calling #4 in our ward, that's right #4! Is there a record for this kind of thing? In case you don't believe me, here are my current callings:
1. Visiting Teacher
2. Relief Society Chorister
3. Ward Missionary
4. Ward Videographer
You read that right, I am the ward videographer- that's how it was read over the pulpit.
Basically I am in charge of helping the youth to make a video. You may have heard of roadshows, well this is very similar except we present videos instead of actual plays at a night that is being called the 'Video Extraveganza!'.
We had less than 2 months to pull this off, so we got to work right away. We brainstormed, wrote a script, and this week I finished the costumes. Our plan is to film this week, edit the next, and then we submit the video. I think I am going crazy! I have never edited a video, but I am learning a lot and hopefully this is not a total disaster.
One thing I knew I could do was costumes. It is in my blood- my mom sewed all of our Halloween and ballet costumes, my sister is studying Costume Design and I like to be crafty at times :) As part of the video all of the characters are flowers. We decided to create flower headpieces for everyone to wear and I finished them this afternoon! I was so proud of my accomplishment that I took pictures and am going to show them to you now. Please be amazed!
This is what I started with- some paper plates and a pile of cardboard cut into petal shapes.
Next, I used my handy, dandy stapler to attach the petals.
I then painted one side yellow.
The other side was painted blue, pink, or purple. I then finished them off with some acrylic so they look shiny.
Overall it was a success! I can't wait to see how they look on camera!




Oh the things they get us to do just cause we know the church is true...
ReplyDeleteI LOVE these! Please post a clip of your video. Sometimes I think the craziest callings have the greatest impact.