Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bowling and Site Seeing

Cody has made it half way through the semester! And his Monday and Tuesday night classes are over! And he has the next week off for spring break! Unfortunately, I still have a full week of work next week :( So we decided to make the most out of our weekend and do things after I get off work next week. 
 
Cody's spring break started with a trip to the Mall of America to see the cast of the Hunger Games. Sadly I was at work :( There was a book signing and a Q&A session, but Cody said the line was too long for him to make it up to the front. Instead, he found out that the book signing was in the Microsoft store and pretended that he was shopping so that he could get a look at the cast. It was a success and I am successfully jealous. 
 
Friday night we went bowling with our friends Michael and Vanessa (Michael is in the program with Cody).
Cody and I did not plan to match. I wore my outfit to work and when Cody came to pick me up he was wearing a blue and white stripe shirt too!
We are obviously true blue BYU cougs :)
 
Saturday was gorgeous outside so we decided to visit the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis. There was a guy playing the accordion and walking across the bridge made me feel like I was in Paris.  

Our next stop was the ruins of an mill that are on one end of the Stone Arch Bridge.
 

I can picture the Phantom of the Opera behind those doors.
 
 We have officially arrived in Minnesota. Since we weren't able to stop and take a picture at the 'Welcome to Minnesota' sign, we thought this could take its place :)

Our last stop was the famous spoonbridge and cherry

On a side note... we ordered a phone part from China and received this card along with our purchase. 
Cody read it to me in his Chinese voice- made my day :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are true BYU blue, but you're still alright. :) I laughed too at the thought of Cody reading that card in a Chinese voice.

    ReplyDelete