Sunday, December 4, 2011

What I do in my spare time

WARNING! If you are Sister Melanie Lamb, stop reading now!

I decided that because Melly is serving her mission in a cold place (Omaha, NE) that I would knit her a cowl scarf for Christmas. They seem to be the popular thing to wear in St. Paul and I think they are cute. My mom taught me how to knit when I was younger and I made a couple of pot holders, but that is about all of my knitting experience. I have crocheted before and have made several hats and flowers, but I found out that knitting is not the same. I scoured the internet for a knitting pattern and found one. I liked the picture that was attached to the pattern but I had absolutely no idea what 1k 1p 1k yo 1k sl 2p pull slip over 2p meant. My next stop was youtube where I found videos that taught me each one of these stitches. It was quite the process and I probably started over 10 times, but now I consider myself an expert on this pattern. Here is the finished product!


Here is a close up of the scarf.


As you can see, if I made one mistake it was obvious :( This unfortunately happened on one of the panels, so I had to start over on that one, but I am very happy with the finished product. I hope Melly likes it!

On another note, Cody gets his green thumb off tomorrow! Then he gets to do the dishes for 6 weeks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment