On our way back from our trip to Alaska this summer we were fortunate enough to receive flight vouchers that we put to good use! We decided to take a trip to Houston to visit Cody's sister Mindy, her husband Jon, and their kids Christopher, Ethan, Ryan, and Timothy. The kids had school and Jon had work on Monday and Tuesday so we were able to Christmas shop and play with Ryan and Timothy. On Tuesday we met Ethan and Christopher at their school and had lunch with them. On Wednesday we had a picnic and saw some alligators. I was videotaping our adventure with the alligators and I was standing close to the path while Cody walked down toward the alligators. I was a little tense because a week ago we watched a show on discovery channel where an alligator bit a girl's face and because I am not a fan of reptiles. As Cody got closer to the alligators Timothy came up behind me and latched onto my leg- this scared me and I in turn scared Timothy. Besides that moment, there were thankfully no other scares :) Thursday we watched the annual Turkey Bowl and had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner complete with fried turkey.
Alligator hunters- Christopher, Cody, Ethan, Jon, and Ryan
Alligators!
A caterpillar that Christopher found
Ryan roaring like a tiger- he was so cute!
The car Ryan, Mindy, and I made
Cody and Ethan hard at work building a treasure chest
We had a blast and are grateful that we were able to visit the Whipples for Thanksgiving!







No comments:
Post a Comment